The Pilgrimage to the Holy Family is a prayer ministry for the Sanctity of the family. Using the model of the Holy Family as our guide, our goal is to establish strong families focused on God. Participating families pray together everyday the Holy Family Chaplet. During their week of prayer, the family is supported by faithful prayer warriors that are praying for them and their intentions by name!
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, Pray for us!
How it works:
Each week a different family is the “Pilgrim Family” and receives the pilgrim materials. These include;
1. the traveling 16x20 image of the Holy Family,
2. the Holy Family Chaplet prayer beads and prayer pamphlets,
3. a photo album which holds the pictures of all the families that have participated,
4. and a binder with resources for families.
The time commitment is less than 10 minutes a day but how powerful these few minutes are!
Each week the pilgrim family:
1. Places the image of the Holy Family in a visible spot in their home.
2. Gathers the family and prays the Holy Family Chaplet together each day.
3. Places a family picture in the photo album.
4. Signs the back of the image and passes along to the next family.
The family is supported by a team of prayer warriors that pray by name for the Pilgrim family.
History of the Ministry
The Pilgrimage to the Holy Family Ministry began January 2009 in Louisville, Kentucky. As of December 2021, over 350 families have participated in the Original Pilgrimage that travels throughout the Archdiocese of Louisville.
Pilgrimage to the Holy Family programs have also started in parishes in Louisville and outside the state.
In 2022, the Ministry in Louisville partnered with Family Renewal Project to expand its reach and continue its work of renewing the family!